Take a Guided Tour of Oxford Islamic Studies Online
An authoritative, dynamic online resource for students, scholars, government officials, community groups, and librarians, Oxford Islamic Studies Online brings together the best current scholarship in the field and promotes accurate and informed understanding of the Islamic world.
This fully integrated resource features reference content and commentary by renowned scholars in the field and covers areas such as global Islamic history, the faith and concepts of Islam, the people, tenets and practices, politics, culture, and more. The site is regularly updated as new content is commissioned and approved under the guidance of the Editor in Chief, John L. Esposito.
- 3,000 A-Z reference entries, with updates throughout the year
- Chapters from scholarly and introductory works
- Qur'anic study materials—with two widely respected English interpretations of the Qur’an and the Concordance of the Qur’an
- Primary source documents with editorial introductions
- Timelines—one relating milestone events affecting the Islamic world, with a contextual timeline of general world events
- Learning Resources area, with glossary, links to Internet resources, the question-and-answer guide What Everyone Needs to Know About Islam, and recommended further reading lists
- Images—including photographs and maps
Click here to start the tour (a new window will open).
The tour is a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation, but you can watch it in Internet Explorer without using Powerpoint. Click on the link above, and then choose Open from the dialogue box you are shown. If your software won't show you the tour, you can download the free PowerPoint Viewer from the Microsoft web site.